- Design and implement a system for cloud warehouse of cloud services which are related to one or more particular fields such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- A cloud warehouse is a database used for reporting, analysis and data synchronization. The data stored in the cloud warehouse are collected from the external/operational systems provided as cloud services. The data may pass through an operational data store (ODS) for additional operations before it is used in the cloud warehouse for reporting.
- The cloud warehouse maintains its function in three layers: collecting, integration, and access. Collecting is used to store raw data from external/operational systems. The integration layer is used to integrate data and to have a level of abstraction from users. The access layer is for getting data out for users.
Background and strategic fit
- The collecting and integration layers implement as a plug-in(s) for Nsys Daemon which represents the main system service responsible for the network node management. The access layer implement as an extension for the Nsys Portal which is providing user interface and user management. Create a collector which is responsible for the collecting data from external/operational systems. The interaction with both systems is implemented through a provider which is responsible for connection to remote system and collect selected data. There can be one provider which connects for instance to Dropbox and another which connects to Amazon S3 and collects data there. Each provider needs to map data from remote cloud service to cloud warehouse through Nsys Query Language (NQL).
- Create a system for integration layer and operational data store. The data are stored via collector in a buffer which is used by operational data store for additional operations. The ODS can pass data back to the external/operational system for further operations and to the cloud warehouse. The data in the cloud warehouse can be available for a limited time or without any limits.
- Create an access layer allowing to operate with the reports for the cloud warehouse. The reports are generated based on a template which is describing what data needs to be display in the report.
- Extend the functionality of the cloud warehouse for 3rd parties through an API based on REST/SOAP.
|#||User Story Title||User Story Description||Priority||Notes|
| || || || || |
User interaction and design
Below is a list of questions to be addressed as a result of this requirements document: